View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Dec 17, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Eyes View Post
What this is showing is that you do better when you are actually problem solving and engaging. That is how your mind functions best and in all honesty, that is something a lot of people do better at because we learn best by "doing". The whole reason for "homework" is meant to spend some time taking something a teacher is explaining to us and actually doing it on our own. Our brain is set up to navigate, it's something we are genetically designed for and are born with. A very young child who doesn't know how to walk yet can see others around him walking but doesn't really master it until he slowly tries to do it himself. Just seeing others doing it doesn't provide his own ability to conquer it. When we first look at a formula, the best way to memorize it is by actually applying it. The fact that you do well when it comes to actually applying learned skills is a plus as some people can memorize but genuinely can't apply and do themselves.

The homework in most of my classes is hands on stuff which I generally do well in. I'm good both at following a set of directions to finish a project and outright figuring things out myself.

Give me a test though, and I outright struggle. Aside from reasons mentioned above, I have testing anxiety issues. I become nervous and afraid of failing the test. Failing classes have potential to hurt me pretty bad since I currently am completely dependent on financial aid to pay my living expenses (all though I'm working on some things so that hopefully changes soon). Still though, being homeless in the winter because I failed a stupid pointless test is a thought that kinda scares me and further hinders my performance on tests.

I'm just not somebody who is good at working under pressure.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes