View Single Post
coolibrarian
Poohbah

coolibrarian Coolibrarian is feeling anxious.

10 yr Member
1,041 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2018 at 12:09 PM

I mailed my T her Christmas present. As some of you know, she is out on medical leave. So, anyway, she said *I* could text her as much as I want, but she would not answer every text. That hurt at first, but I understand why she had to do that. But, back to the gift?! I sort of expected her to reach out and say "thank you," but she didn't. Then I thought maybe it got lost in the mail. Either way, I had to know. We had talked about this gift for a few weeks before she went out on medical leave (She had surgery in mid-November.), but I don't know if she thought I would send it to her. So, finally, a little scared, I texted her and asked her if she received a package from me, and she said, "Yes, thank you for the lovely [gift]." I felt relieved, happy, and a little annoyed, all at the same time. I'm glad the package got to her. I'm happy because of the nature of the gift (Don't want to say details here), but I'm annoyed because I had to ask her if she got it. Shouldn't she have just started a text to me, "Cool, thank you for the lovely gift." And maybe some other sentiment? December is an extremely hard month for me, for a variety of reasons, and she knows that, and all she could say was,
"Yes, thank you for the lovely [gift]?" My feelings are a little hurt. Comments?
coolibrarian is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
SlumberKitty