View Single Post
cryingontheinside
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 17, 2018 at 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyCheeky View Post
I'm so sorry about your daughter, cryingontheinside How long has she been with her father? If she's been with him her whole life it will probably take a while before she can build some self-confidence. Can you ask her to see a therapist? Maybe that could help. Can you afford it? As far as what you can do, I think you only need to be supportive and encouraging of her. Let her try and discover new things, and most importantly remember her that you love her. I'm sure you'll be a wonderful mother though, so I wouldn't worry too much. Sending many hugs to you and your daughter
Thank you . your posts are always so kind and thoughtful .
He got custody when she was about 9 . he did the same kind of controlling behavior with me when i was with him . he convinced me i couldn't do things and he took over . very controlling . i could cook all kinds of food but one day when i was making soup out of a tin , he snatched the saucepan away from me and said " let me do that . you don't know how to do it " something that ive known how to do since i was a kid . he wouldnt let me top up my phone or put the pram up . he convinced me i couldn't do things so that i would think i need him and wouldn't leave him . with my daughter he's done it for different reasons , well basically to get more money from disability .
You're advice is very good . i will do my best .
cryingontheinside is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky