Thread: Being a victim
View Single Post
skatkats

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Dec 18, 2018 at 12:19 AM

So about ten months ago I made some posts about a relationship that had recently ended. Shortly after the “no contact” rule was mentioned the woman posted publicly on Facebook the she suffers from CPTSD which can sometimes be seen as NPD. Being I had no real understanding of the severity of the illness I just took it as well, another crazy I got tangled up with”. Times goes on, I send her a love letter, a card, and some information about insurance being I kept her on my insurance. The three articles of mail were sent over a period of approximately 6 weeks.

I would send Facebook messages encouraging her, she had made a post about going back to school. Now before I go too far into this her ex-husband which she has a two year old with when we started talking. The baby was two years old is what I mean. It had only been maybe eight weeks since she had been with him. So we start talking through a dating site, and my mindset was, who am I to judge, we all have a past and more than likely skeletons in the closet, so I listened, some nights all night. I would get zero sleep and had a very stressful position with my employer however I have her all the attention she solicited, even at work, I would stop just to hear her.

She told me stories of her ex-husband making her sleep with other men for crack, sneaking into to the house and frightening her, he was worried she may be cheating, perhaps justified being she committed adultery with her first husband. He would make her go to work with him and while he was out estimating jobs she would have to urinate in a cup, basically holding her captive.

Then we find each other on a dating site, I court best I can, on the phone for hours, like I was a teenager and I’m in my forties. Time goes on I buy her a vehicle so she can take car of things she needs without being dependent on her parents.

Since the beginning I felt in my gut something wasn’t right and every time I tried to leave she would guilt me so bad I stayed. We move in together..... by the way I had already caught her in several lies and there were many abusive arguments to say the least, from both sides. I had this thing in me that was constantly telling me she was hiding things from me. She is the type that distracts herself by constantly being on the internet. So the first thing that really put me in a different place was she didn’t bring her laptop when we moved in. I even asked her once if she would go get it so I could do a little work from home..... she absolutely refused by diversion. Things deteriorated extremely quickly once she moved in.

I would come home from work, the two year old was in love with me and was so excited to see me come in. It didn’t matter how I come in, my demeanor, anything I said, if I was happy, said I had a rough day at work.... no matter how I came home, something always had to be wrong. She was one of those that constantly asked what’s wrong, did I do something, extreme fear of me leaving her, something I had never experienced and I had even dated a bi-polar woman for eight years. She ate adderrall all day, at night would drink Zquil with alcohol, take ambien and Klonopin, she would put the bottles in bed with her and still never got any rest. All she did was complain about her life and how much she wanted back her old life. I tried to do whatever I could, of course I didn’t know what she was suffering from.

At any rate I sit here eight months from the last time I spoke with her facing prison time because of some made up craziness she has went to the courts with and I have now been charged with a violent crime and my life has turned completely upside down, on the brink of losing everything I have, bankruptcy because she claims harassment and aggravated stalking which never happened. It was a small town and I believe she is so delusional she believes I am her ex-husband. I haven’t seen this woman in 8-9 months yet she still maintains I have stalked her, harassed her.

Guys, all I did was fall in love with the idea of marrying this woman and when it came to a head and she moved back to her parents she went and had a protection from abuse order placed on me and I never so much as even approached her in a threatening way nor made any verbal to this women. And now I stand to go to prison over something that never happened, or at least I never did the things she says.

Somehow in her mind I believe she thinks I am her ex-husband.

I guess I am looking for some insight from some of you that suffer from the same illness. I suffer from alcoholism and major depressive disorder and I am way more baffled by this than my own mental illnesses.

Anyone out there that can help me understand?
skatkats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Open Eyes

Thanks for this!
leomama