View Single Post
saidso
Veteran Member

Member Since Oct 2018
165 hugs
given
Default Dec 18, 2018 at 05:05 AM

Thank you all! This a useful thread for me. I'm a usually strong communicator but the more that I get close up with someone... I seem to forget those skills completely and just go along with things. Those skills fall overboard into oceans of insecurity. I love what people have said about discussing whether a relationship is going to be exclusive when it gets to the point of being serious. I love the mix of experienced people saying, "well of course" and of empathetic people saying "it's understandable".

I like what someone said about social media and relationship-hopping because this is an issue for me even in the everyday of my life, and... even with friends, it should be possible to ask a question about why someone arranges to spend time with me and at the same moment is constantly texting someone else.

Yes, I can take responsibility for clarifying with other people without it becoming adversarial and blaming. I need to re-read this thread.

It's hard work to relate in a way that is comfortable, especially when as someone pointed out "we are all learning"... it can provoke oceans of confusion and insecurity... and blame.

THANK YOU FOR THE XMAS GIFT OF THIS THOUGHTFUL THREAD.
saidso is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40643, MaroonAbalone

Thanks for this!
MaroonAbalone