View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Dec 18, 2018 at 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
I will say that everyone I know who has gone to the doctor for ADHD has then be diagnosed with it.

But from my point of view you are just normal. I also daydream a lot and I can go an entire weekend without doing chores I would much prefer to play on the internet. Plus I hate the way they are the same chores weekly.

I need to take frequent breaks at work as I get bored and need something to "stimulate" me intellectually.

Personally I think it is too much work. It is as if I have only a certain amount of space in my head and if you push more into my head than I have room for I get distracted and spacey. I day dream and don't do the work because I know I have no real shot and getting it done.

IMHO medical professionals don't have anything but drugs for you and I am not sure the side effects of the drugs are worth it, not to mention the addictive properties.

Yeah, IDK what else to do though but maybe get some meds just for now until I can get to where I can make more money so I can try more alternative methods. Normally I'm against medication but if I'm overworked now, than I'll never get a finish school/get a decent job/start a business or anything else that I want to do because my classes have been rather easy for the most part. When I get to the harder stuff than I'm worried I'll fail. That is also true with me also trying to balance a job and trying to do my eBay selling on the side.

I could try alternative methods like supplements, but I've tried a few already and they don't work. Hell, I take 6-8 different supplements a day and they do very little for me and quite frankly, I cannot afford to keep this up. I could get a doctor to prescribe me something and get a months worth supply for under $20 since I make under 10 grand a year, where as I'm spending many times more than that on supplements, which, quite frankly, I cannot continue doing.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky