View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 18, 2018 at 03:54 PM

I never thought the rule was saying you could not respond to someone in a 3rd party thread if they were on your ignore list or vice versa. In fact, it happens quite frequently, and admin has admitted it's one of the faults of ignore. I have never asked someone to put me on their ignore list. I have confronted ppl for using Tapatalk to subvert the ignore list.

I think people should manage their own ignore lists, and we shouldn't ask others to place us on ignore. If they respond to you on someone else's thread, you won't see it anyhow because you have them on ignore, so just ignore it.

I don't follow your example with John Doe. Why would he be going to other members' threads to post to you? Unless it was to harass you? Why would you be responding to him on a 3rd party thread if you have him on ignore?

I've also not seen the guideline about not liking or thanking or not responding on 3rd party posts. Is that new? This is the only thing in the guidelines about ignore:

"Members who have other members on their Ignore list should not start community/group/game/party/holiday threads, because it would limit who could post to such a thread; such members should ask a community support team member to start the thread instead."

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote