Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,262 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 18, 2018 at 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
the reason I was asking is because I thought I read somewhere here that if you know you are on someones ignore list you are not supposed to by pass the purpose of the ignore feature by posting to that person in someone elses thread.

I am under the understanding that people are not supposed to be by passing the ignore list by posting to those people they know they have on ignore or know they are on others ignore listing.

its one thing to not know you are on someones ignore list and post to them in someone elses thread.

but its another to know you are on someones list and on purpose bypass the purpose of the ignore feature, by posting in someone elses thread.

I would like to know what we are supposed to do when and if we find someone who has us on ignore and wants to be on our ignore listing postig directly to us in someone elses thread in other words purposely bypassing the function of the ignore list.

why have an ignore list at all, if people are going to place each other on ignore, ask to be on each others ignore list so then go around it / bypass its intended purpose by posting to you in other peoples threads...

I would like clarification if we are supposed to be using the ignore list this way.... purposely bypassing each others lists by posting in other peoples threads....

example joe bly and I hav e each other on ignore so then joe bye posts picking a fight in another persons thread with the post directed to me. and vice versa me posting something like joe bly you are this that and the other things and I dont agree with you placed in someone elses thread bypassing joe blys ignore list.

I thought we were not supposed to be doing this... bypassing each others ignore lists but would like clarification and what to do if we find this is happening.

editing to add just remembered this was discussed before so went looking for the link....

https://forums.psychcentral.com/comm...ml#post4690939

dated on 9 - 23 -15 and states ....

The technology of "Ignore" as we use it here is imperfect, and you must respect the wishes of those placing you on Ignore (even if technically, you can circumvent the ignore by posting to their Wall or what-not).

A member should also not circumvent an Ignore in other ways, such as quoting a post from another person's post in order to respond to the person on Ignore.

You should not use other features of the community -- such as Thanks or Hugs -- to a person that you have on your Ignore list.

DocJohn

and another link....

https://forums.psychcentral.com/comm...ml#post5012897

The technology of "Ignore" as we use it here is imperfect, and you must respect the wishes of those placing you on Ignore (even if technically, you can circumvent the ignore by posting to their Wall or what-not).

A member should also not circumvent an Ignore in other ways, such as quoting a post from another person's post in order to respond to the person on Ignore.

You should not use other features of the community -- such as Thanks or Hugs -- to a person that you have on your Ignore list.

DocJohn

so now I have my answer we are ..............not.............supposed to be posting, thanking or liking /hugs to each other if we have each other on ignore.
Right, I have seen those posts too that we should not, but I have never seen any action taken against someone who does. And I have had people circumvent ignore and reported it, with no action taken. And that's because I think, as DocJohn says, the technology is imperfect, so they would like people to respect ignore, but some people don't, and there's not much to be done.

So if you don't want to engage with someone, you wouldn't be thanking/hugging or otherwise responding on other threads. The person who is doing so to you may not know that you have them on ignore.

I have had people who I have on ignore respond to me in 3rd party threads (quoting me) and using Tapatalk to comment on my threads directly. I've never seen those posts removed once reported. So I think they stand by the imperfection of ignore. It is what it is.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
amandalouise