Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 18, 2018 at 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
Right, I have seen those posts too that we should not, but I have never seen any action taken against someone who does. And I have had people circumvent ignore and reported it, with no action taken. And that's because I think, as DocJohn says, the technology is imperfect, so they would like people to respect ignore, but some people don't, and there's not much to be done.

So if you don't want to engage with someone, you wouldn't be thanking/hugging or otherwise responding on other threads. The person who is doing so to you may not know that you have them on ignore.

I have had people who I have on ignore respond to me in 3rd party threads (quoting me) and using Tapatalk to comment on my threads directly. I've never seen those posts removed once reported. So I think they stand by the imperfection of ignore. It is what it is.
its my understanding we dont get to know publicly if any action is taken when we report violations of any kind including the ignore list. thats an administrative issue and is dealt with between the mods and who ever.

that said any time I have a question about something I have reported I know I can pm a mod to see if its been addressed or not, and how.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
atisketatasket, healingme4me