View Single Post
Lrad123
Poohbah

Member Since Nov 2017
372 hugs
given
Default Dec 19, 2018 at 06:16 PM

We talked about my negative transference which has been going on for quite a while now. He said we’re enacting something from my childhood and he has been cast as the “bad parent.” He doesn’t want me to feel hurt or abandoned between sessions, so essentially recommended stopping therapy, saying that not everyone is ready for “depth therapy” and that I could always do it later. The other option he recommended was coming 2x/week. I’d be open to that, but I work 4 workdays/week and see him on my day off. My work days are super inflexible and I don’t see how I could find the time for a 2nd day. So, I may be stopping therapy or perhaps finding another therapist. I like my T, but I do feel some relief that the negative transference might stop. It’s been exhausting. I just sent him an email asking if he’d consider a 6:00 a.m. appointment for my second appointment of the week. It’s super early, but I think I could do it. I wouldn’t want to have to poke him to keep him awake while I was talking, though. I completely understand if that time won’t work for him, but it’s a Hail Mary, I guess. If I end up looking for a new therapist at least I’ll know what I’m getting myself into the second time around.

Hugs from:
Anonymous56789, Echos Myron redux, LonesomeTonight, SlumberKitty

Thanks for this!
Anne2.0