View Single Post
Anonymous56789

Default Dec 19, 2018 at 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozader View Post
What has given you that impression? I don't think that's true of Echos' T at all.
It's not really an impression as he talks about his feelings a lot. Saying the video was scary is an example of his self disclosure.

Anyway, Echos, I was just curious about your thoughts about it, if you care to share.

Quote:
He thought for a minute and said he thought the power projected onto the therapist was scary; it's scary to him to have that much power, and that he found the therapist suddenly declaring she would be away for two weeks at the end of the session with no regard to the impact on the client pretty scary.

He said that he was shaken by how profoundly hurt I was by what he had said.

He said "I don't feel like I'm doing a very good job of it at the moment". I looked at him. I nearly said "I don't know what you're supposed to do" but before I could he said "That's not asking for reassurance, it's just a true statement of how I'm feeling right now.".

...how we both experience fear and enjoyment around the way we impact on each other sometimes.

He said he sometimes feels very connected to my experience in session, and thinks he does know a little of the pain I go through, but it's not all the time. He added that I was right, he hasn't experienced the kind of transference I go through. He paused and said "I had some pretty intense feelings towards my first therapist, but not on the level you experience".

He said that it is possible that I could remind him of parts of himself he has not yet accepted about himself, and that's happened a couple of times in the past and he has to work through that, but...and he said clearly "I am not aware, Echos, of finding any part of you unacceptable at all". He said "We have come too far for me to give you a simple answer, I feel like I owe you the truth [about not knowing what could be in his unconscious]."