lucozader
Most Dangerous

Member Since Feb 2017
7,642 hugs
given
Default Dec 19, 2018 at 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberful View Post
It's not really an impression as he talks about his feelings a lot. Saying the video was scary is an example of his self disclosure.

Anyway, Echos, I was just curious about your thoughts about it, if you care to share.
Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that your opinion was actually an objective fact. That was silly of me.

Generally the term 'self-disclosure' is not used to refer to a therapist sharing their feelings and reactions in the moment, and in response to what the client brings, although yes that is certainly something that Echos' T does. And yes she has thought about it. She very much likes and requires him to work in that way. It's pretty unusual, though, for him to do it in the manner of that email. I also don't believe he does it to an 'unusually excessive' degree, and I don't understand what you are basing that on. You proclaim it as if you're some sort of expert.

It's usually used to refer to a therapist sharing facts about their life outside of the therapy. That is not something that Echos' T does much of at all - though he will do it if he sees good reason to.