View Single Post
Anonymous56789

Default Dec 19, 2018 at 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucozader View Post
Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that your opinion was actually an objective fact. That was silly of me.

Generally the term 'self-disclosure' is not used to refer to a therapist sharing their feelings and reactions in the moment, and in response to what the client brings, although yes that is certainly something that Echos' T does. And yes she has thought about it. She very much likes and requires him to work in that way. It's pretty unusual, though, for him to do it in the manner of that email. I also don't believe he does it to an 'unusually excessive' degree, and I don't understand what you are basing that on. You proclaim it as if you're some sort of expert.

It's usually used to refer to a therapist sharing facts about their life outside of the therapy. That is not something that Echos' T does much of at all - though he will do it if he sees good reason to.
I have no stake in the definition, but that's not true at all. A therapist talking about his feelings is self-disclosure. What you are referring to here is more the colloquial meaning rather than the clinical application of the concept.

As you've answered for Echos, and since I'm rather uncomfortable with your reaction/response to my question, I will not come back to the thread.

Hugs from:
atisketatasket