Comfy Sedation

Member Since Sep 2012
8,149 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 20, 2018 at 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ididitmyway View Post
People are cruel and dumb..and cowardly. I am so sorry you've been hurt like that. I had a little bit of this, but not as awful as you did.

When I wrote a review of my former T who was disciplined by the board on yelp, I got a message from someone who knew him, may be one of his other clients, may be someone else. They told me to "examine" my motifs and suggested that I wrote a review to get his attention and that I was supposed to "accept" that he was "not interested" in me. Needless to say, I had no desire to get his attention and I couldn't care less if he was or wasn't interested in me. I wrote a review to warn others about him and I attached factual documents from the board. But that message just pissed me off as well as other reviews that appeared immediately after mine was posted and were telling a completely different story about him. They painted him as a saint who did nothing but saving people's lives. I got very upset then, but I got over it relatively quickly.

But your experience was much worse. To say that you seduced your T intentionally is so insulting and hurtful. Besides, even if that had been true, that wouldn't have made any difference in terms of who was responsible for abuse. He would've been responsible no matter what you had or hadn't done. But people are dumb and are too attached to their old ways of thinking about things.

One thing I've learned from all that is that virtual reality is not safe at all. It's great that internet makes it possible to bring things into light, but this has its downside. Oftentimes, in the process of making things transparent people get hurt. This definitely applies to forums like this one and to all social media.
yes eventually I learned that those people calling me those names and such were doing what they had to do to stay In their own safe little bubble... where former t would never do such despicable acts. it was better and easier for them to say it never happened or that I caused it all to happen... that I was the one who exploited and abused him for financial reasons

but yeah... I can sort of see why they thought and said those things. it would be horrific to think someone you thought you knew could do such things. like as horrific as it was for me when I learned that those things he did were exploitative and abusive, and that it wasnt actually love at all.

Hugs from:
Ididitmyway, precaryous