Blueberrybook has no updates.

5 yr Member
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 20, 2018 at 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr3tta_0 View Post
Congratulations for your good news Blueberrybook! That's wonderful!

I'm having some health problems that are leaving me with no appetite, but it is truly physical and not mental. I haven't been on the scale except at the Dr and i didn't look. Looked firmly at the wall instead. Trying to focus on what really matters to me. Easier said than done, always.
Sorry about the health issues. I had that too in the late winter/early spring when I had that perforated ulcer. After surgery, everything except water tasted wrong. Thankfully, I can now eat most foods again except very greasy food and foods that are high protein using whey to up the protein (like protein bars and shakes). It's the whey that's the problem. It messed with me a little before I had the ulcer issue, but now, it's beyond awful. See the GI doc again the day after Christmas and then hopefully not again for a long while.

No exercise today which is already leaving me anxious. I have to mail off H's new professor contract when the post office opens then go to my daughter's school to help with the Christmas party. I wish I hadn't told the room mom I'd help, but then yesterday she texted me saying she was having a panic moment and hoped I could still help. I think a lot of parents who told her they could help backed out at the least minute. She has been room mom for my daughter's class since kindergarten, and now that our girls are in 5th grade, it's unusual for her to be worrying about the Christmas party. (Our daughters are in a dual language program, which only has 2 sections, so those 2 classes combine & mix a little but not with the rest of their grade. However, every year, both our daughters have been in the same section.) I think the room mom is also co-room mom for her son, who is younger, maybe first grade, something like that. At least, this year the school is doing early releases again; last year, they did not. So that means the party ends at noon when school is dismissed. I can make 9 to noon, probably closer to 9:30 to noon due to the post office stop.

H & I have not finished Christmas shopping for our daughter yet either. And I have an extended family Christmas on Saturday. We only give gifts to the kids, but my daughter has 5 cousins between my 2 sisters. It's expensive. H will have better pay once he is teaching at university level, but he is still on high school teacher pay, and money is tight, especially since my daughter had a birthday earlier this month.

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost