Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 20, 2018 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qattah View Post
Does anyone have experience with adult fecal smearing? This behavior spans three generations; the father (in his 70's) his daughter (in her 50's) and her son, in his 30's. They also urinate on things.
Thanks for any input...
I know some with it but do not have this problem myself. its not a mental disorder but can cause physical health problems.

when its generational here in my location its a learned habit. there is no genetic gene that causes someone to do that. think of it like how a parent potty trains a child that child will continue those potty training ways into their adult hood then potty train their children the same way so the new child grows up doing this then trains their child.... on and on through the generations until someone finally steps in and say hey thats unsanitary and causes diseases, here is a safer, more sanitary way to use the bathroom.

if the person is unable to learn how to use the restroom and not act out in this way then they are committed to a hospital for evaluations and if needed entered into a behavior program that can monitor and teach them.

here in NY we have quite a few inpatient programs and residential programs and part of thier programs is to help someone deal with their bathrooom problems.

my suggestion is if this is you to contact your treatment providers who can help you find out why you do this and get you treated for it. if this is someoe you know then theres nothing you can do for them. only they and their doctors can address their bathroom problems.

that said if this is someone you know you can do things for your own safety and welbeing so that you do not get any diseases and such from their problem like wear disposible gloves around them so that you dont accidentally touch anything that may have bacteria on it. you can refuse to go to their home, meet out in public where they are less apt to do this, .
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, WishfulThinker66