View Single Post
2Jumpy

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Dec 20, 2018 at 02:52 PM

Sinking, I don't know if this will help you,but it might. When I was in my early 30's, I was unhappy, and very envious of everyone else around me that appeared happy and content. Emphasis on the "appeared". LOL. So I went to a business seminar, and one of the exercises was to write down what your life would look like if time & money were not an issue. So, in true American form, I wrote down the big house that I would have, the fancy cars, jewelry, etc. Then we went on to the next lesson on how to work to get all of that. And after a year, I had all of that. And I sat there one morning, after I had just purchased the very last thing on my list, and instead of feeling happy, I felt empty.

I had been happy while I was working and pursuing those "things". I woke up with purpose every day and nothing stopped me. But once I had reached my goal, I was lost. It was then that I went to another seminar. One I wish I had gone to first. In that one, we were asked to write down how we would like people to describe us. I wrote down traits such as "honest, kind, etc." And then we had to write down what we would like to say we did for hobbies and such in our spare time. I wrote down things like "volunteer at causes that are important to me such as helping animals, elderly people, etc", and "kayaking and hiking" We were told to dream up anything, even if we had never done them. We were then told to start acting as if we were already that person. Kind of like leveling up and holding yourself to a higher standard. A higher purpose.

Maybe you could start there. With writing down your new version of yourself that you would find enviable. What type of work would you be doing? What type of hobbies would you envy, etc? What type of character traits,etc. And then go out and start behaving as if you are already that enviable person. Because if you are actively in pursuit of becoming that person, then you ARE that person. None of us are complete, finished works. We are all works in progress.
2Jumpy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady, MickeyCheeky, sinking

Thanks for this!
AbladeintheMeadow, healingme4me, MickeyCheeky, sinking