View Single Post
still_crazy
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Oct 2016
3,342 hugs
given
Default Dec 20, 2018 at 09:56 PM

i have an acquaintance on seroquel and adderall, another amphetamine. she had all kinds of problems, and this 2 drug combination covers a lot of bases -for her-; your experiences may very well be different.

i will say that a former shrink told me that stimulants+tranquilizers=higher risk of tardive dyskinesia, but that may have just been because she wanted to taper something ((this just in: shrinks often make it up as they go along)).

way back when, amphetamines+tranquilizers were often in 1 pill, for any number of indications (weight loss, depression, etc.). Eskatrol was an (in)famous one that I think was on the market till the early 80s or something. ThoraDex seems to have been used extensively by the psych professions. What's interesting is that the combined effect--stimulation, plus a reduction of agitation, a bit of apathy--pretty much line up with many modern "antidepressants..." and those early pils got noticeable results in 1 hour or less.

oh, and...shrinks are sometimes bad about loading people up on drugs, especially women (but not -just- women). if you're female, it sometimes helps to get a female psychiatrist.
still_crazy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76