-------no titles please--

Member Since Jul 2011
15.1k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2018 at 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beauflow View Post
What would one think of a person that 'never' gave themselves a chance?

What would one do if they were in the shoes of the one that 'never' gave themselves a chance?

Easy answer? Complex? or pure judgmental?

I'm conflicted on how one could stay/hang out/any relationship (including interpersonal) with another if they just always saw one as they 'never' gave themselves a chance.
Well past Beauflow, like 5 years later...are there are still times that this feeling comes up?

Yes, some times... it hurt so much that he uttered these words because I had felt like this and thought myself a failure.
But yet, I've tried to learn to take that as a tool, too.. also recognize that this could be depression talking.
I will say that I have also gotten better with (or trying to) reminding myself I've all been through and "look at me now" .... and even If it's not much, there's been " small" successes(if I accept them) and I am still going.
I still worry... haven't done enough.. or what's the point at times.. but perhaps that's just me.

_________

Also thank you all that gave support back when this was originally posted....
Though Eski, I wonder if your exh , of he had his own set of issues and struggles-- thus his self saboteur ways ??

The other day I made a comment to my ex, "I question to myself "why do I have any reason to be depressed??! ".... and remind myself - for me-well, in reality part of this is my brain and even if I lived well off in a mansion I still may very well have a reason for depression and probably would"....

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, MickeyCheeky, unaluna

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky