RomanSunburn
Poohbah

RomanSunburn has no updates.

15 yr Member
633 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 21, 2018 at 05:36 PM

Christmas seriously snuck up on me this year... I'm blaming the weather, but I seriously have no idea what happened...

To respond to you responding to me... I'm not currently in therapy. I had a really great therapist before we moved, but I just haven't been feeling motivated to find a new one here. Part of the problem is it took me probably a decade to actually find a good T that I absolutely loved and was actually able to help me. I had a lot of so-so ones before her, and even one downright terrible one that I think did way more damage than good. I'm just a little nervous about trying to find a new one. I honestly haven't been impressed with the healthcare system as a whole here. I realize I only moved from one part of the country to another, but everything is so different here (and in my eyes, less great) so I have a lot of trepidation about going through the work of finding a new T and pdoc.

I think a lot of what you said made sense, both about the anxiety and the motivation. If we wait to feel better and motivated, we'll never leave our house and never feel better. It's doing the things we don't want to do, but knowing they'll help us feel better, that will make us feel better. I happened to be in a crafting store the other day, and I picked up some flyers about taking classes there. They crocheting classes didn't interest me, but maybe a sewing or quilting class? At this point, I'm going to wait to get through the holidays and start seriously considering things in January.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I really appreciate it!
RomanSunburn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous50384