View Single Post
Joker68
Joker68 has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Dec 22, 2018 at 06:02 AM

It depends on your definition of love. I have aspd and I been trying to figure this out for a while now. The question it keeps leading me to is what is the difference between being obsessed with something or someone and being in love with something or someone. I have been in alot of relationships. They always end up toxic. At first they start great but then I become aware that the other person lies about something. Weather it's a small lie or a big lie it still sets me into a mindset that they do not respect my intelligence and that they are lying for a reason and that they are trying to hide something. Then the feeling of control takes over and I feel that in order to be in control then I need to be in control of the truth. So after the first lie that's caught I analyze any answer given to a queston or any situations relativity to the normal. When this happens it's like a monster inside me controlling the other person. Going through there phones. Questioning who they are with or what they are doing ect. And after that point there is no going back. It becomes and obsession. When I am with someone and they are with me it is a matter of pride of ownership and nothing comes between me and what is mine. If I feel like th4 person I am in a relationship with is violating that then it becomes an anger issue because if you are mine and I am yours no one gets to have what's mine and if you think that you are smarter than me and you can sneak around without me knowing you have underestimated me. And by doing so you have insulted my intelligence. With this being said I think that a sociopath can "love" but only in the right circumstances and right relationship. Now with family I'm not sure. That's where it gets confusing. I pair pair sex and love together. So when it comes to family it is a completely different idea of love to me. I guess what it all comes down to when your asking the question in the terms of can a sociopath love family and friends the answer is yes if that "love" is beneficial to them in one way or another. We have a way of comparmentising things. If you or someone doesn't have anything to offer me. Nothing that benefits me and we have nothing in common then I have nothing for you and I see no point In a relationship between us. I hope this helps answer your question.
Joker68 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote