View Single Post
Anonymous57363
Anonymous57363 has no updates. Edit

Default Dec 22, 2018 at 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emily Fox Seaton View Post
Most of the time strangers don't show me kindness... not real kindness. I think it is due to an independent "persona" that I have.

But
(1) A few years ago I had lost some weight and I don't know if that had anything to do with it but I got on the train at a time that I would have thought would have been drama free (11 AM) But some guy was hassling me. I really was a little desperate as I had a 1 hour trip coming my way and it was just me and this guy in the car. He was turned around 1/2 way in the seat doing what all losers who hassle women do -- acting as if I was "shy" -- when I don't want to talk to him. I was considering leaving but I knew he would just come after me. I heard the conductor come in a few seconds after he actually did, must have heard this guy, came up behind quickly behind me , smacked the guy's feet forward and said, "sit forward and shut up." And that was the end of that. I acted like I didn't even notice but man I was soooo grateful.

(2) My local store has a promotion where if you buy food you get tickets toward like plates or something. One day this lady in front of me had bought like $400 dollars worth of food and when they asked if she was playing he goes, no but this nice lady can have my tickets. That got me a utensil set on the spot. Later I learned it was common practice to pay it forward in this manner but at the time I was BLOWN away.
Pay it Forward is a beautiful thing. I've done it several times....positive ripple effect.

Last edited by Anonymous57363; Dec 22, 2018 at 05:28 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123, will19

Thanks for this!
Sunflower123