View Single Post
Zedsdead
Zedsdead has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Dec 23, 2018 at 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowinners View Post
Anxiety is a huge issue for me. It may be why I have spent so much time on PC wondering if I could have everything on here--bipolar, personality disorders, PTSD, etc. but maybe I simply became a mental health hypochondriac ever since I made an attempt on my life in 2015. I ruminate a lot too! Some of the things in this article (including the links) may apply: The Brain Mechanics of Rumination and Repetitive Thinking | Psychology Today to us (but umm, my anxiety makes me think everything applies and perhaps I simply have anxiety plus depression that comes and goes?)

One thing that helped me a bit when my children where young (once the youngest was about 2 and 1/2 years) was that I belonged to the YMCA and would go to some of the fitness classes where I enjoyed socializing (though none of it was very deep--just a bit of chit chat with other moms in the same boat). Later on, I switched to a yoga studio I really enjoyed. Once my children were older--I was able to work in a variety of jobs--some of the jobs I have done have also filled a social need for me to some extent. In other jobs, I didn't enjoy the interactions as much. I know you have to work--do you like your job? Sometimes just having a job you enjoy can really help because when your children are young, it is hard to have time to do things that lead to friendships and enable you to maintain them.

Though the times we log onto PC are quite different (I am on the East coast and I have the impression you may be near the West coast) -- glad to chat with you by message at anytime. I used to read all your posts as Mysterious/Hopingtrying (I keep deleting my account ).

From what you have said, you are dealing with all of your issues the best that you can, I think all that you can do is keep working on it. Hugs and friendship from me.
Hopingtrying!!! hello!! Lovely to see you around! I haven't been on here a while, it seems my symptoms have been on the rise again so hoping the increase in meds will help with some of it.
I'm not working at the minute, my son with special needs got very sick this past summer and I ended up missing 3 days.. they dropped my hours from 40 hours a week to 8 !! 3 months ago I left, got some income support and am job searching right now. (Added stress)

With my son having a severe delay and the extra struggle of my other 2 children, the youngest being 2.. it's so difficult to get out and do anything!! I attend 2 mum groups a week, but I think other mums tend to avoid us with my sons behaviour .. lol agh.

I used to have lots of friends and enjoy being around them, now the thought of having a lasting friendship makes me panic and avoid it when I do get the chance.

I do attend a womans group weekly that is for those who passed through the womens shelter, that is probably the closest thing I have to friends and open conversation because we all have our issues.

I guess I feel worse that it seems everybody around me has a social life and I worry that there is something wrong with me!
Zedsdead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous55879