View Single Post
Alden
Alden has no updates.

5 yr Member
Default Dec 25, 2018 at 12:00 AM

I can see how it is inevitable that people are going to look at DID as an excuse, etc..., but I'm growing very weary of trying to figure out how to deal with people who refuse to accept that I can't control it.

This week I had a therapist tells me, "You have to be more aware of your amnesia of your amnesia." I don't even understand that, other than one of the most moronic things I have ever heard. How do you reply to that?

I have a therapist who has told me that I have to record sessions so that when I get assignments I can't say that I don't remember them because, well, I don't - I must have been dissociating. So, I'm supposed to remember what I didn't remember so I remember to listen to the recording?

I get scoffed at any time I don't remember something. There is no consideration for my disorder. I certainly don't do it on purpose and I don't remember doing it. I always take responsibility for anything I said during those times, but I'm get so tired of being blamed for malicious intent when ever I have amnesia for an event.

How do you get people to understand that you don't do it on purpose, it isn't a convenient excuse, and that I have an actual disorder?

Frankly, I'm at a loss and want to tell them to shove their head up their **** orifice.

Have you found anything that works for you?
Alden is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
ACrystalGem, Betty_Banana, Laurel1562, MickeyCheeky