View Single Post
Parva

Member Since Aug 2015
156 hugs
given
Default Dec 25, 2018 at 12:59 PM

I've only had a few times where I've experienced 'amnesia' (I'm more DDNOS than DID), but it was horrifying. It REALLY scared me. I'm not sure you can ever get anyone to understand this. My ex-mother-in-law used to say that mental illness was just people trying to get out of working. Seriously, she said that. That's the ignorance that surrounds us.

My battle has always been about internal acceptance of this. I rebel against the parts, and I assume my T thinks I'm making this up (probably projection?) I read about a lot of you using the pronoun 'we'; I have discrete parts that are very defined, but I never feel like a 'we'. Maybe that's related to DDNOS, and maybe not seeing this as a 'we' is about the inner rejection?

Back on thread....I throw my vote in to consider a new T.

Alden, I take your disorder seriously, as I do all of you here (internally and externally!) Just remember that while others may dismiss your experiences, none of us here do.

Thanks for this!
Laurel1562