Legendary

Member Since Nov 2002
7,515 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 25, 2018 at 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nammu View Post
Oh yeah, I wanted to go all aww and ooo over a very large handsome working dog just a few weeks ago, but restrained myself. Those are working dogs! The public has no right to bother then just because the work in public!
Near me people foster the pups until they are old enough to start formal training. The people agree to expose the pup to various situations to help them learn to socialize. A few months ago I saw a Golden pup at the local mall. The pup was a ball of fluffy golden hair. Took a great deal of self restraint not go all goof.

Something I saw in some comments regarding the video was that you should always ask a dog owner's permission before petting a dog. Even if It's not a working dog I'm going to respect the owner's wishes. If they say "no petting", then it's no petting. My BG, which stands for Big Goof, is what his name says. BUT if someone asks to pet him I usually say no. He is most likely to lick them to death but he is big and he's part pit. I'm not willing to take the risk of him potentially hurting someone.
lizardlady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote