View Single Post
Skeezyks
Disreputable Old Troll

Member Since Oct 2015
17.4k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Smile Dec 25, 2018 at 07:58 PM

Hello BroccoliOfLife: I see this is your first post here on PC. So... welcome to PsychCentral.

I'm sorry I don't think I could even begin to tell you how you could label your sexual identity or what that label might be. Perhaps other members, here on PC, will have some thoughts in that regard. I think the general consensus of opinion, with regard to sexual orientation, nowadays is that labels really are not necessary or helpful. But I do know how it is. You'd like to have something you could "hang your hat on", as the saying goes... something you can "point to" that summarizes who you are & how you feel. I've had some experiences of that sort myself. (I'll spare you the details.)

I think the one thing I feel I can say with some authority, is that matters related to sexual orientation can be very confusing. And sometimes the best way to get to the bottom of them can be by working through them with the guidance of a mental health therapist who has experience working with clients who have sexual orientation concerns. Based on what you wrote, it sounds as though this may not be something you would feel the urge to do at the present time. However, should you find yourself continuing to puzzle over your sexual identity concerns as time goes by, this may be something to consider for the future.

I hope you find PC to be of benefit.
Skeezyks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
BroccoliOfLife