View Single Post
Anonymous52333
Anonymous52333 has no updates. Edit

Default Dec 25, 2018 at 11:17 PM

That's a tough situation...I assume you are/were in love with her if you got married. I also assume you didn't think that you'd never have sex and that who you speak to would be limited. The bottom line in your post for me is that she is abusive to you. In my experience, verbal abuse has a much longer lasting scar than physical. Additionally, if she has been physically abusive in the past, seems that the chances for that again in the future are pretty good. Seems like you have a family that cares for you. No one deserves being controlled or abused. I'd take advantage of the support you have in your life and have those who are close to you and know the situation better help you make a decision if you don't feel like you can do that on your own.
My last thing...because it's so relevant in my marriage right now...when something happens to your partner that is devastating (such as loss of father, health issues, etc), you support and love them always. However, there does come a time when it's on your partner to take an active role in their own healing. You can't carry her burden forever. I'm understanding today just how much I've damaged myself because I have carried my wife's burdens and been unwilling to hold her accountable for never taking action and responsibility for her own well-being. It took me 13 years to realize this. Don't let it take you that long. It's a devastating blow to the spirit.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky