Thread: Dissociaiton
View Single Post
S.J.

Member Since May 2016
Default Dec 26, 2018 at 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemo1934 View Post
How did you come to understand that you dissociate? Did you just read something and think "that's me" or did a significant event happen of some kind?

When you understood, how did you feel about it?

Do you experience it daily in some way or is it occasional?

Really just looking for some general talk on the topic. It's new to me. I'm feeling a lot of confusion mixed with a little shame and some salt

Thanks in advance.

I only dissociate during severe stress or an anxiety attack. My dissociation experince varies with the anxiety I'm having. Sometimes I feel detached from my own body like I'm hovering obove and Im a spectator, sometimes I feel like nothing is real and I'm in a dream, and sometimes I start to think I'm invisible (like I'm standing behind abthock piece of glass) and no one can see or hear me.

I thought what I experience was a normal part of anxiety, but after talking to my therapist she said it sounded like I dissociated sometimes. I then read more about dissociation online and although my trigger starts off with normal anxiety symptoms, I definitely experince derealization/depersonalization in some of my anxiety attacks.
S.J. is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
feeshee, MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky