View Single Post
possum220
Legendary

Member Since Jan 2009
7,983 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2018 at 06:34 AM

I have always had a significant problem with bingeing. Adding Seroquel about seven years ago has not helped but it was needed for anxiety issues. I am on 100mg of Seroquel at night. The bingeing was so out of control that I need to sleep in a recliner at night. My P'doc suggested Vyvanse for BED. I was so desperate that I thought I had to give it a try.

I started on a low dose of 30mg in the morning in November. It isn't covered by PBS and starts at $113.00 for one month. Your P'doc is the only one who can prescribe it for BED in Australia. If they register it though VYSA and an epharmacy in QLD then the cost goes down to $75 per script. It is sent by express post so it will get to you quickly and you don't have to pay for the postage.

Last week my dose was upped to 50mg per day. It may have helped with my BED but it is hard to say for sure given that it has been christmas, lots of food around but at the same time lots of jobs needed to be done. So I am persisting with it. I already had an issue with tics/muscle spasms and they seem to be worse but am hoping that they will settle in time. I have been more irritable than normal but hoping that it also settles too. Heading for 70mg per day eventually. So the jury is still out on if it is going to help me or not. Early stage.

You have nothing to lose by giving it a try and seeing if it works. My p'doc said that it was helping another patient of his. Asking your P'doc might help you to understand how it works and if it will help in your case.
possum220 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote