View Single Post
AzulOscuro
Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2014
1,758 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 26, 2018 at 01:40 PM

I understand why you are so concerned about the doctors rushing to prescribe meds. Normally meds only treat symptoms but there are symptoms that are so deadly disruptive that in order to progress with any kind of psychological intervention you need first to lower these symptoms as much as possible.
The psychiatrist can provide you with the information about why you may be hearing a voice. They know how to distinguish if it can be due to dissociation or something else.
In the past, I heard voices a couple of times. I was all scared. As it was only a couple of times, I only talked with my psychologist. It was nothing serious, only I was projecting outside what I thought about me and that was, of course, very cruel. That information came back to me even in shape of a voice. I think it was more an illusion since the voices came from real people and the sound was there but I shape this sound to built exactly the words I wanted to hear.
How complicate people are, right? Lol!
Hope everything goes well in your therapy and you get to clear up your doubt soon.

Mankind is complex: Make deserts blossom and lakes die. ( GIL SCOTT-HERSON)
AzulOscuro is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous40200