View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Dec 26, 2018 at 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious1437 View Post
I think about this daily since my moms death is still newish. My therapist tells me to not feel bad because I shouldn't, but it's weird. People look at you like you're supposed to be devastated constantly and then start asking why you're not if you don't look sad.
Yes! I understand you very much. I had this experience over Christmas...family members were upset that I was not devastated by a Christmas without my abusive parent. I was not. I also distanced myself long before he died. They are allowed to feel how they feel. I would never try to change that but my significant other made a good point yesterday:
"I don't understand why they have to keep shoving it in your face...talking about how great he was..they were in the same house...they know what he was like when you were growing up! They know you were not on good terms with him. Why don't they just leave you to it and if they want to talk, they can talk about something other than him. I think they are being really selfish when they call you to praise him and complain about how much they miss him."

"Why don't they just leave you to it?" I should be so lucky!
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky