View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Trig Dec 27, 2018 at 01:21 AM

[QUOTE=ru4real;6379648]
Quote:
Originally Posted by HopefullyLost1211 View Post

I will, in the future, maybe. Am I being lazy? Maybe, more like frozen. But thank you, your words mean a lot to me. I think that’s how we deal with what happened. Even in the extreme, it means a lot.
I think when I was in my teenage years, I remember looking at a child crying. Their hateful mother hit him, then walking away and leaving him. And I thought how horrible it must be when your parents don’t want you. Not even realizing I was living the same way. All I can do now is to make sure my grand babies know love, and how they are such a blessing to have in life.
That's a wonderful thought about your grandbabies Kathy. I had a friend who, in childhood and adolescence, experienced every form of abuse across multiple foster homes. He showed me the scars on his back from being "disciplined" by a "foster dad" with a bicycle chain. Eventually, he was adopted by good and loving people. After he shared his truth with me one day, he ended the story by saying: "No matter how bad I ever feel, no matter the memories and pain, I am so happy and proud to know that I ended the cycle of abuse...it stopped with me." I will never forget him
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky, ru4real

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky