ScarletPimpernel has no updates.

10 yr Member
6,347 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2018 at 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyjay View Post
Oh no, I'm so sorry , Scarlet. I've been through this. It's awful and triggers every single abandonment trigger you could possibly have. HANG IN THERE! These feelings are going to pass!!
My T went on maternity leave over a year ago and hasn't returned yet. I am doing okay with the T I transferred to though, so its okay now, but it was SO. HARD. in the beginning. I was genuinely happy for my T and genuinely devastated for me.

What I did to make it easier was see my new T while I was still seeing T. I visited new T for 15 minutes at a time at first and then worked up to alternating weeks between them. I didn't really want to do that but I knew I had to create that safety net for myself because I wasn't coping with the change.

You have time to work on your safety net. Do your best to create a strong one. 6 month will go by so fast, while at the same time feeling like forever. Just plug up those gaps with a stop gap T to tide you over the rough times.

You can do this. You can support yourself through this. I know how devastating it feels. But you can find ways to carry yourself through that devastation. It probably isn't going to feel good, but you can make it "good enough" to carry you through. You just have to survive this period of time. Anything else you may get out of it is a bonus. But you can make it good enough to get you to the other side.
I don't know if I can afford 2 Ts at once. T said she is willing to do a session with the new T. The lady on the crisis line said it might be a good idea to do a co-session after T gets back too so she understands what I went through.

I can't believe your T hasn't come back yet. If my T did that, I would definitely consider that abandonment. I'm sorry you went through this too.

Hugs from:
88Butterfly88, LonesomeTonight, SalingerEsme, SlumberKitty, Taylor27