View Single Post
sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2018 at 05:19 AM

I could go on and on like a broken record about sleep. Now, I am not saying that people do not needs meds for sleep or at least before sleep. I take my last dose of lamictal and geodon before bed but I had to learn some things about myself. I used to have horrific insomnia, and I had a sleep study done about..8 or so years ago. (if I describe it right) one of the things I learned was that we have brain waves a couple of which are called alpha and delta waves. Delta waves are deeper sleep and alpha wave are when your brain is "active" or at least not at rest. Well during my deeper stages of sleep I do not always achieve the delta waves so my brain is still kinda going while I sleep. Thats one thing. I have also always been an early riser, the problem was when that was coupled with being a night owl. I have always done great on like 5 or 6 hours of sleep. My doctor told me there are actually some people who legit need less sleep. Its like older people that wake up super early as they age, you need less sleep. Well same thing with me.

So how I mostly tackled my insomnia was sleep training that I googled myself. I go to bed and wake up in the same windows of time everyday 7 days a week. That means for me, I wake up between 4-6 and go to bed between 10-12. Most days its bed at 10 up at 430. I love my mornings and I know it seems crazy. My brain works awesome and I am most productive. It took me 9 months to get this right. That meant setting alarms and waking up even when I didnt want to. It meant feeling tired and sluggish but I swear it worked. Like I said I still take my meds I just do not specifically need sleep meds. I am not knocking sleep meds btw there was a time during my rapid cycling that I would have lost my mind without sleep meds.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
Guiness187055, MickeyCheeky