Grand Magnate

Member Since Nov 2015
1,043 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 27, 2018 at 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiteraryLark View Post
I spent most of the night awake and restless but when I did sleep I woke up to all your wonderful and kind words. I read the messages over and over because it had meant so much to me. Thank you for your hugs and support!

While I was in and out of sleep I decided to return the extra set of poker chips I bought because they were so heavy and I knew before going into the post office that the shipping would be an extravagant gift in itself as the poker set weighed a TON, it came in a metal-type suitcase with authentic chips in look and weight. But between the $10 return and the $9 I earned from cashing in the recycled cans I felt I saved $19 on the shipping which I felt made up for the buku cost of the priority shipping that I just had to have. The anticipated date of the package is December 31st, hopefully coming sooner and certainly hoping not later! Oh, I hope I hope he loves them!

Shipping is just a bane of holiday gift giving. This year my shipping costs were practically more than the value of what was inside the boxes. And I tried to buy things that were lightweight. Just so you know, LL, you are not alone in this. I have often considered the cost of shipping against sending the gift! In the end I send it out.

One thing that helps is I have a separate savings account for Christmas and birthdays. Each month a certain amount of money is automatically deposited into it from my checking account. Not much, but it adds up. This really helps me to defray the cost of shipping...which is...really horrible.

It's an awesome gift for your brother...but maybe next year get him some hoodies and some flannels? Lightweight stuff.

Please know you made a great and creative Christmas.

DechanDawa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
LiteraryLark

Thanks for this!
LiteraryLark