View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Dec 27, 2018 at 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healingme4me View Post
I hear you about the struggle of lugging groceries into a higher level floor in an apartment building. I've looked into the delivery services, myself, but they just do not carry the key specific brands that my kids just will not live without.
I do have cleaning supplies and paper goods delivered from one company. And there are some items that are staples that can be purchased through Amazon. And I invested in a larger collapsable tote that fits in my trunk and can bear the weight of many things. It has straps that I can toss over my shoulder. And the clothe bags that many stores sell on site can fit three to four plastic bags worth of goods. I have filtered water so no need for cases or jugs of that. I live on the top floor of an apartment building, necessity is the mother of invention.
Immediately after my divorce I was without a car but lived on the bottom floor so I can also relate to that struggle. But even with a vehicle...or even with delivery...there's still multiple flights of stairs.

Sorry to hear about the dropped bottle

Is Shipt not available in your area?

Grocery Delivery - Shipt

You use it to buy from grocery stores. You pay online and buy from the same selection that's in the store including fresh foods and a driver drops the stuff off at your place within the hour. Membership is rather hefty ($99 per year or $49 per year with student discount) but it seems so worth it at this point.

Honestly tho I would say if the stores that Shipt works with in your area doesn't have the brands your kids want make them use an alternative brand. Tell them to either eat that brand or go hungry. That's how I was raised and that's how I would raise a kid in the very unlikely event I had kids.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky