Member Since Dec 2018
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2018 at 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessIsMyFriend View Post
Well, I do feel discouraged now.
let me make sure I understand you. By being realistic and honest I discouraged you from trying to help yourself by..perhaps seeing a doctor to confirm your adhd suspicions before just giving you medication? Even though I didnt suggest a therapist per se I discouraged you from trying talk therapy because its too much work for you? You cant spare one hour once a week and possibly 20 additional minutes of dedicated thought about your own issues and your own life in order to promote wellness? You would be willing to take stimulants because hey, its like the movie limitless right? But antidepressants are the big bad wolves?
And at what point in life can you ever get a guarantee about personal results? Even this plan you have to work less and make more money you cant get a guarantee. Many people would hear you say that and assume its like a get rich quick scheme. I am not saying that's what you mean. 6-8 weeks is nothing if you end up feeling better. I'd take 15 minutes of spectacular over a lifetime of nothing special.
Quote:
I only considered the ADHD meds because I was looking for a quick short-term fix so I can get more out of my time for the next few months only so I can succeed with my latest money making scheme and drop out of school. Would need a lot of effort to do so since I would still need to keep my student job until my plans start bearing fruit so to speak so remaining a student is paramount for my ambitions. Once I started succeeding with my plans I would stop taking their crap and start treating my issues my own way.

The whole point to what I'm trying to accomplish is to get out of working so much. I'm not going to go into detail on here but I am working on a way to make as much (or more!) money as working for a full time job with 10-20 hours of work per week max. I hate any type of working with a passion (and that includes working to "help" myself because the mental health system tells me I should) and just want to have fun and live in the moment.

Now I'm beginning to think that it's not worth the trouble to even try. I would be better off just getting high off some dank weed at this point at least weed has helped me in the past.
Good for you. I am glad that you would rather trivialize the importance of medications *in particular adhd meds which are now becoming an *** pain to get* in order to pull you through a few rough months so you can finish school and get rich. You can say all you want about the "mental health system" but usually the people ranting about the system are the ones that refuse to try it.
And for the record I have zero issues with weed of any kind and do not think it should be illegal. But people that glorify bad weed as if its in the same category and medication that can be life saving gets my fur in a fluff. Seriously if Cannibus is working out so well for you then you have your solution.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote