Thread: Humiliating
View Single Post
WishfulThinker66
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2018
117 hugs
given
Default Dec 28, 2018 at 09:43 AM

Okay, first of all don't knock yourself about because of this. You are not alone.

You haven't mentioned taking any medication. Doing so might be the cause of your memory problems. Do you find other 'brain' functions to be impeded or slowed down?

I myself suffer - and it can be greatly embarassing. There was a time I simply avoided conversations as I would literally forget words mid-sentence. I don't just forget things either. I am generally slower than I was before medication. I actually feel as though my IQ has dropped as a result. Particularly difficult are simple math functions and anything related to handling numbers.

This has resulted in some rather humiliating situations especially at my work. I am unable to perform simple athrimetic in my head and this has lead I am sure to my co-workers assuming I am dumb. When told I was coing to be trained at work for cash I had to admit to my supervisor why this would not be a good idea. It was horrible to tell her I was unable to do so.

With the exception of work though I have come to the realisation I was missing out on a great deal by avoiding situations (like conversations) where such difficulties arise. So I go ahead and risk them occuring. When they happen, I offer up the reason ("sorry, but my medication is making me forget"). People seem to then understand. I also challenge my brain daily with spending a little time doing puzzles like logic and sudoku.

My own humiliating horror? Shaking and tremmoring.
WishfulThinker66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky