View Single Post
Blueberrybook
Magnate

Member Since Oct 2017
78 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 28, 2018 at 09:06 PM

I don't really have an issue with this. When my ED was in full swing, I had "good" and "bad" foods, but I did like a lot of the foods on the bad list, like cake, full fat cheese, etc. I do have a short list of foods I really don't like: goat milk, goat cheese, beets, turnips not my favorite but tolerable. Most other foods I eat.

We always did have a huge garden growing up, and my mom counted on it because we did not have a lot of money. So we had whatever vegetables would grow and had to finish all our vegetables before leaving the dinner table until my sister (either with more of a hatred of beets or a better gag reflex than mine) threw up beets everywhere. After that, we did not have to finish beets, just one bite (and my mom would count the tiniest). My mother says cleaning up that beet throw-up was one of the nastiest things she had to do parenting, so it is no wonder she let us eat fewer beets.

There were some foods I didn't like growing up, but when I tried them in my 20s and 30s liked them: avocados, guacamole, green onion, sour cream on a baked potato, a couple others I'm missing...

Seroquel, Cymbalta, , propanolol, buspirone, Trazodone, gabapentin, omeperazole

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
--Robert Frost
Blueberrybook is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote