Grand Magnate

Member Since Jan 2011
306 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 29, 2018 at 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dplong View Post
Hey all. I am 25 and currently married. I'm from a pretty small town in Alabama and come from a good size family. I've been married to an Asian girl from Beijing going on three years now. Ever since we have been married communication has not been great. She actively works to keep me away from my family. She was abusive in the past when I did something she didn't like but now she has switched to verbal abuse instead of physical. I used to be very close to my family and would talk to them multiple times a week but now she forbids talking to one brother and complains when I talk to the other brother or my mother. She also has never had sex with me in the almost three years we have been married due to her being scared about it hurting. I have talked to both my mother and father about some of the stuff my wife does and they both have told me I should leave her as have other friends that I confided in. I feel bad about it though because she lost her father 2 years ago and only has a mother left that she does not really get along with. So I feel guilty about the thought of leaving her alone. What do you guys and gals think would be the correct line of action?
I hope this helps. I am not an expert, and I tell you upfront this information is from Wikipedia:

"Most marriages between residents and non-residents are undertaken properly, for reasons other than or in addition to residency status. That said, the practice of obtaining residency through marriage is illegal in the United States if the marriage itself is fraudulent.[2] A marriage that is solely for purposes of obtaining legal residence is considered a sham, and is a crime in the United States for both participants.

You might want to look at your situation from this perspective.

And this is the other issue, which is actually tied to the first:

Alabama Appeals Court annuls couples marriage on failure to consummate grounds. The Alabama Appeals Court has basically ruled that to be legally married in Alabama, you must consummate that relationship, or your marriage is subject to annulment. An annulment is declaring your marriage to be null and void, as if you were never married. The court reasoned that an unstated intent to never consummate your marriage relationship is a fraud rendering that marriage invalid. That is from this site:
IceCreamKid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Rose76