View Single Post
Anonymous52222
Anonymous52222 has no updates. Edit

Default Dec 29, 2018 at 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Drop shipping - Wikipedia

I hesitated posting this link for you because I didnt want you to think I was pooping on your ideas or that your friend has any reason to take advantage of you. But I had never heard of drop shipping and was curious. I am a very avid reader so I read some more. I fear you will get swindled one way or another. The scam possibilities are very lucrative and luring with this type of thing. The people that perpetrate this scheme target their victims with pin point accuracy. Their victims are usually smart, intelligent people who are not gullible. It may not even be your friend, your friend could be getting scammed too and thinking he is sharing a great thing with a friend. Over and over I read how the profit margin was slim to none whether you were scammed or actually tried to do it legit. Unless you carve out an exclusive niche with hard to get products its very hard to make money this way. There are heavy legal ties to bear too. Its largely unregulated which makes it seem "safe" from peering government eyes but the fallout in other ways makes up for it. Hacking your personal accounts, identity theft, malicious software, illegal and unsafe products- all of those things are associated with dropshipping. I know there are legit businesses, there always are but they are few and far between and many times you have to go from person to person up the chain to even find the origional scammer. Maybe I am wrong but a lot of what I read sounded true and it wasnt just wikipedia. I know you think no one cares about you, well I care if people are taken advantage of and wanted to let you know.

I am a self taught computer hacker. Do you really think I don't know of all the scams out there? Fact of the matter I was planning on being a fraudster at one point of my life because I was well convinced that I could buy my way out of my problems with money.

And Wikipedia isn't accurate. Oh and that friend showed me proof of his earnings. I knew said friend since I was 7 he's one of the last people that would go out of his way to lie to me. Also I have had success with dropshipping myself (all though selling products on eBay as a powerseller instead of my own web store) and was making a steady 4 grand per month in profits but eBay suspended my account solely because I posted too many products in such a short time. They don't like it when you post 500 products in 1 week after having a history of only selling 5-10 per week. Lesson learned.

The scams you are referring to are largely middleman scams and random people offering to "sell" their crap advice/goods on the internet. I know how to spot and avoid both.

But alas, us arguing about this will benefit nobody. I'm not one to listen to people's advice when I set my mind on something and you shouldn't have to waste your energy on me so lets see who is right based on my actions alone.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote