sarahsweets
Threadtastic Postaholic

sarahsweets has no updates.

5 yr Member
192 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 30, 2018 at 04:44 AM

I do not know where to tell you to find your self worth but I can share my own experience with self pity.
I usually do not experience it anymore. Back when I was drinking though I had a ton of it. It was my go to reason. "everyone hates ME, I am the victim, Feel bad for ME, because of my bad life I get to escape and drink". And even sobriety didnt fix that right away because then it was "why cant I drink, poor ME, no one loves ME, " etc. Like it or not, valid or not, IMO self pitying is a very selfish place to be. I do not mean selfish like spoiled or egotistical I mean consumed with yourself, thoughts that revolve around yourself, being stuck in yourself. Until you are ready to let those thoughts go I believe self pity will plague just about anyone. I had to face the fact that I am just not that important. People that I know or do not know do not spend their time wondering about me, thinking about me and worrying about what I am doing. ME thinking about what THEY think of me puts me in a self centered mindset and prevents me from thinking of others. There is no better was to get out of yourself than thinking and doing for others. None of this is easy and it was quite the reckoning that I had to deal with but ultimately its just my opinion.

President of the no F's given society.
sarahsweets is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Bill3