Magnate

Member Since Jan 2013
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 30, 2018 at 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sans Nom View Post
Sometimes I wonder if I could have lived my life differently given my total state of being at the time. Now I wish I have lived it differently based on the outcome I see, but at the time I didn't know or see clearly. We cannot change the past, and we hope to learn from our experiences, but what if we cannot change our destiny, and we are who we are supposed to be, and we do what we do based on our current conditions? It's nice to believe that we have control, but what if we don't?
Your post is helpful to me. Basically God knows all our mistakes before we make them, but I wish He'd prevent me from making them. I guess they are our tests, and we are supposed to pass but don't causing the misfortunes in our lives. But I look to him for guidance. And I found I passed one test he thought I would fail suicide. I didn't have a life plan after that non suicide attempt. I floated. I eventually made plans of my own and am still feeling like I'm in charge of my destiny. But He's around. Anyway, your post helped me rationalize my failings.

Aviza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote