View Single Post
Anonymous52222

Default Dec 30, 2018 at 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandalouise View Post
interesting idea but I dont ever see it happening and heres why....

everyone in the whole world gets paid at minimum wage (about 1000 a month give or take)

a painter spends about 1000-3000 to paint the outside of someones house average sized home they have just used up their monthly income and more painting someones house.

a farmer spends this and more (seeds, seedlings, plants, fertilizer, water, equipment, harvesting, shipping to stores) the food we eat.

my point though its an interesting idea if it ever actually happened where everyone in the whole world was paid a set amount it could very well lead to the human extinction.

if you mean everyone in a set job gets paid a certain amount that already happens. its called salary pay. we have careers and jobs that are set at minimum wage and we have careers and jobs based on hours put in, ( time and labor)

Sorry to revive a 3 month old thread. I was looking for something else in this forum but came across this article and well, I can't resist.

Anyways, I am an advocate of UBI and I think we will have to switch to it eventually.

Let's face it, within 20-30 years robots will replace manual labor jobs and many other jobs that aren't STEM related. Robots will take over and nothing can be done about it. Those painting and farming jobs you mentioned will be done entirely by robots; it's only a matter of when. With that being said, the world would benefit as a whole from such a situation.

I would simply say, once AI becomes sufficiently advanced to take over all of the manual labor jobs (let's face it, who the hell WANTS to work a manual labor job), we give the people displaced by such a change UBI along with all disabled and low income people. We could simply take and consolidate all welfare and disability programs into UBI, which would help cover the costs.

In such a system, work would shift to the more educated populace since jobs would be primarily STEM and medical jobs, while everybody else gets enough to get their needs met. That way, there would still be incentive to get an education and get a good job, the economy doesn't collapse and everybody has their needs met.

Just the view of somebody with a passing interest in transhumanism.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky, nonightowl