View Single Post
Anonymous57363

Default Dec 30, 2018 at 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingontheinside View Post
I'm also dealing with a weight problem. It all began with a mefication the psych doctor gave me . it was known for making people gain weight . I gained so much weight in the past 5 years . the other day my mum called me a fat c word .
I recently bought several exercise DVDs . I've been trying them out with my daughter . I plan to exercise everyday in 2019 or at least wherever possible . I'm taking it slow though , just doing what I can manage . then I want to do a low carb diet along side it . it will help my self asteem but I'm doing it for health reasons also .
Hello CryingontheInside. Your mother's comment was horrible and verbally abusive. That is a reflection of her character not of your body. Are you able to have distance from her?

Here's some thought-flipping for you:

My body is just as valuable now as it was 5 years ago. My body has been with me day and night keeping me alive through all my struggles and I am grateful for that. It is not my body's fault that I gained weight from medication...my body was responding in the way it knew how to do and that is okay. Slowing losing some weight could be good for my health. But my self-esteem is separate...my self-worth is intrinsic and unrelated to the # on the scales therefore I love myself every day regardless of my size/weight.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Sunflower123

Thanks for this!
Sunflower123