View Single Post
Anonymous40258

Default Dec 31, 2018 at 09:30 AM

Once being diagnosed with ADHD, which I am not convinced I have (at least not to the worst degree), I found that meds were only helpful in conjunction with other treatment options (ex other meds for treating depression and anxiety) and a specific set of tasks and goals.

I am organized, but easily get distracted from my current task (if I have one at the time) and sometimes completing a project takes a long time, mostly so if there is no specific date to finish by. To avoid added pressure, I will draw those projects out for as long as I need to. I do get bored easily but only when overwhelmed with too much going on (maybe a concentration problem). I loose interest in other peoples interests and sometimes find it difficult to follow a conversation. I have had low-self-esteem and it creeps up on me sometimes. I often say things that are misunderstood by others (I don't know if that one counts). I do like making my own rules, but like to know what the general rules are more. I often find ways to work off nervous energy and plan to do so in uncomfortable situations I can't avoid. My mistakes are carefully careless in that I prioritize what is important to me and where I want to focus my energy. Other people may see this as lazy or annoying, I see it as efficient (for me), but understand this type of behavior doesn't fly well in a group or shared environment. I guess that is something I need to work on. I am very particular about my organization for this reason

My ADD/ADHD test was low indicating that ADD/ADHD was likely. I am not sure I understand the difference between the two.

Last edited by Anonymous40258; Dec 31, 2018 at 11:39 AM.. Reason: missed word
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote