Member Since Mar 2009
884 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Dec 31, 2018 at 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willdness View Post
Ayeee

So I have been diagnosed with depression and have been put on Zoloft for the past year and a half. I have been feeling empty and like I am out of touch with reality. I feels like I have a barrier all around me and when something happens to me I have no reaction to it. I have been drinking on the weekends a lot, to just feel something. I don't know if I'm feeling this empty from the Zoloft or not (I am on a higher dose). I know what's real and what's not, and it is not multiple personality disorder. I'm just looking for resources and advice.

Thanks!
first thing I notice is that this problem according to your post is because of your meds. there is something you may not be aware of... in 2013 definitions and such have changed. medication problems are no longer called dissociation mental disorder names. they are called side effects. this is because the solution for medication side effects of feeling our of touch with reality is different than the solution for mental disorders.

the solution for medication side effects that cause a person to feel out of touch with reality, is contacting ones own treatment providers who can make changes and adjustments to medications and dosages. once a person is on the right medication and dosage for their body the side effects go away.

my suggestion contact the treatment provider who has you on the zoloft that is causing you these problems. they can help you to get things on track again.

my other suggestion is stop drinking on weekends. medications and alcohol do not usually mix in good ways. your doctor can explain to you whether zolof is a medication you can drink alcohol with and any other food and drink changes you will need to make (some meds there are certain foods and drinks you have to not consume.)
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
willdness