Thread: What is sleep.
View Single Post
anthony25nosleep

Member Since Dec 2018
Default Jan 01, 2019 at 10:05 AM

Hi! I have challenges falling asleep and also staying asleep. I was exhausted for years before the doctors ordered an over night sleep study which showed I had sleep apnea. Apnea never came to mind as a possibility, I have none of the normal signs. I am on the CPAP mask at night, which is not a total solution. I have developed a wind down process at night, meditate, breathing, different relaxing music and sounds. It's a never ending process because my body fights any regular routine I try and use, so I am constantly revising my night time routine to keep it fresh. I use over the counter sleep meds, and some prescription med at times. Part of the apnea is my physical body situation, the stop breathing at night, but another aspect of the sleep challenges is my non stop mind - so I do meditation and breathing exercises all times of day, the more I do, the more it helps. The doctors feel the CPAP is the the total solution, I have had to go back at different times when my energy was low, over the years I have found out I have several minor health issues that all can affect my quality of sleep and energy level. Stay positive and focus on something small you can change each day, not getting enough sleep affects everything and can be it's own anxiety cycle. Best wishes, Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissyMarie View Post
What helps you fall asleep?
I've tried everything besides sleeping pills .... my dr has yet to prescribe me anything for my sleep.
Need suggestions on how to stay asleep...
anthony25nosleep is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote