PyschCentral_User25

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default Jan 01, 2019 at 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandkitcat View Post
I gotta agree with TheLifeFantastic.

The PSAT/SAT is all about knowing how to take the test. It has almost literally nothing to do with brainpower or intelligence- so don't feel like a failure!! I struggled with it, too.

The secret is learning how to take the test. There are a lot of tricks they throw in to deceive you, and learning those tricks is a huge key to taking the test! I took classes, but look some of the things up online- you'll learn some important tips and tricks.

And honestly, I would just go for it this year. You by no means have to; but it's one of those things that can't hurt, because you can just take it again.

PLUS, fun fact! You can mix scores you take from other SAT tests; so let's say you do good in the math portion of one but then do AMAZING in the reading section of another SAT you took, but not the math section. You can take the reading score from one and the math from the other so you can have your best results!!

Good luck!

As someone who was in AP, Dual Credit, and graduated early, I promise you: You can do this!
Thank you so much for replying as well. I mean, we’re both in the same boat — or were in the same boat (I’m assuming you’re older than me or are at least in college by now) in regards to me doing AP, IB, and Honors as well, and having scored “low” on the PSAT.

By the time I’ve replied, I’ve actually retaken the SAT twice and the ACT once. I actually went up, they were drastic increases based off of my previous average scores, but they were unfortunately still low.

I definitely get what you mean with the learning the tricks and how to take the test. I feel when I went to retake the SAT, learning the amount of time I had, and how to answer the questions and what responses they were looking for, definitely helped me.

Sorry to you as well for replying late, ahh. I feel bad. I haven’t checked my account in such a long time, and I want to make sure I apologize to each and every person that took their time to reply back to me.
PyschCentral_User25 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MickeyCheeky

Thanks for this!
MickeyCheeky